Sunday best: Ravine days

Yesterday, I took Beau on his first big ravine hike. It was everything I dreamed of when I got a dog ad we both came home, exhausted and happy.

My dreams of late have been very vivid moving dreams, full of checklists and logistics to be sorted. I'm struggling to understand what it means, what kinds of decisions I should make in the next few years and where those decisions might take me.

The big changes of the last year sent out so many ripples, so many little learning moments still happening; so many sudden, strange, new desires suddenly springing forth as if from nowhere. I'm just working through it right now, not yet ready to do anything, waiting for calmer waters.

I find all of this easier in the warmer weather. I honestly feel like I get closest to the truth when I'm out in nature. Cities are so loaded with imperatives and ideas of self, constantly projecting in and outwards. Nature isn't like that. I think these ravine days will help me figure all of this out.

Products: Sweatshirt from Province of Canada | Warmup Legging from Outdoor Voices | Gulpy Pet Water Dispenser from Wooftown | The Modern Snap Backpack from Everlane | Leash from Found My Animal | NIKE Free TR 5 Flyknit mesh sneakers from Net-a-Porter
Related Posts with Thumbnails