Sunday best: Fashion v style

I went shopping today, the desire for something new a spring awakening (let's not mention the fact it was actually snowing).

I left most stores indifferent to almost everything, with a feeling that I've outgrown fashion. It's not the I'm indifferent to style; there's a list of beautiful basics I'm constantly coveting. But fashion seemed like another thing altogether, aimed at women whose lifestyles are something I don't relate to.



I did end up buying one thing, a Mansur Gavriel bucket bag, which seemed to instantly settle in among my other possessions.  More and more I like those brands that just create label-less perfection, basics that feel timeless and well-made, products that perform for me in expected ways, not requiring breaking in or holding in, or any kind of discomfort, physical or psychological.

It's funny, I feel my Sunday bests are getting more boring and repetitive. And yet I like them more and more too.

Products: Lip Slip by Sara Happ | Formula X Polish from Sephora | J Brand Jeans from Net-a-Porter | The Waffle Knit Tunic from Everlane | Earrings from Satomi Kawakita | Bucket bag from Mansur Gavriel | Woman by Common Projects' Achilles from Gravity Pope
Related Posts with Thumbnails