I'm in a vile mood right now - some of it justified and some of it not. It has put me in flight mode, thinking there has to be a better place, imagining a small bungalow with roses and a veranda Beau and I could sit on, me writing, drinking coffee, he just watching the world or napping. Sun on both our faces. I guess I go deep into fantasies when I don't like my own, which I guess is one way of not dealing with it. And we tend to tell ourselves to be realistic. But honestly, sometimes being realistic isn't the balm you need.
Looking at his smile helps :)
And some links for your weekend:
- Zaha Hadid was just getting started
- LOVE THIS: Holloways: "Appearing like trenches dragged into the earth, sunken lanes, also called hollow-ways or holloways, are centuries-old thoroughfares worn down by the traffic of time."
- When Beau gets through all his puppy shenanigans, I'm going to buy a new sofa . (thankfully, he's not destructive, but I'll still wait). Stashing inspiration: will chunky low sofas stay in style, I wonder?
- 50% of Canadians Live South of The Red Line
- Anne Enright reading & discussing Frank O'Connor
- The story of Gander, Newfoundland and 9/11
- The big cash in counterfeit food: Why you might not be eating what you think you're eating