My days of obsessively shopping Lisa Eldridge videos seem like a distant memory. It's not that I deliberately turned my back on experimenting with makeup, but I found products that work with my lifestyle and as the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I have to say, with my focus on fitness all summer, beauty played second fiddle. That meant I spent the summer not wearing any kind of base, just with a little undereye concealer -- and my skin actually seemed happier for it. Winter has brought a little more aggravation but I'm still sticking to minimal makeup. Obviously, there's a whole skincare regime beyond this (I love an astonishing variety of face masks), but these are the eight products I reach for every morning.
1. Avene Skin Recovery Cream
2. Diorshow Iconic Mascara Waterproof 090
3. stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color in Dark
4. Becca Beach Tint in Guava
5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim
6. Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair
7. The Lip Slip by Sara Happ
8. MAC Liquid Eye Liner