I ran under the full moon on Tuesday. Amid all the excitement, the moon and the pavement and the pace felt grounded and assured. I don't think of myself as a runner though I suppose I could. I guess because I don't enter half marathons and the like. I don't think I'm a runner as much as a person moving about the world, mostly at dusk, feeling shocked by the new connection I feel with my own limbs.
I'll leave you with some weekend reading:
- ... in particular: How Doctors Take Women's Pain Less Seriously (also related: this and this)
- Beautiful kitchen
- What do writers owe readers in the digital age? (in my mind, absolutely nothing)
- The Power of Wearing Red
- Ryan Roche's home (she has my favourite Bert Stern photograph on her mantle!)
- "if the story is good, it’s like we haven’t just read it, it has happened to us, it’s a thing that has been done to us."
- David Mitchell on Earthsea