All week, I've been obsessing about what to hang over my couch. I've always opted for a grouping probably, well, cause it's cheaper. But I want a single artwork and that means big and that means expensive. And there must be some Murphy's Law that when you're looking for horizontal art you keep falling for verticals and vice versa. I was originally thinking an abstract canvas from Lola Donoghue (imagined here). But now I keep looking at this photo form Kara Rosenland. And last night I remembered these ice fishing huts and felt the pull of investing in a local artist. They're all so different and they'd all be great. But I've looked at them all for too long to decide, you know? Anyhoo, I'll get there.
Some links for your reading and viewing pleasure:
- I picked up Emily Henderson's book last night and though have only read snippets, it's great. I got distracted because I started futzing with everything around me, so I guess even the snippets worked. Ahh crap, this is Kondo all over again!
- I adore the blue of Heath Ceramics new seasonal collection
- Maud Gonne was much more than WB Yeats’s muse
- Also in love with these new earrings from Satomi Kawakita
- Steve Martin is curating a show of one of my favourite Group of Seven artist
- Uncovering The Secret History Of Myers-Briggs (ashamed to admit I didn't know Myers was a woman)
- Every time I imagine the caped ducks I die a little. Not to mention: "A mean person would not give you the steam off his porridge."
- Gimme all the cushions and rugs