My weekend will include some painting (of walls) and getting my hair done, which is a rote indulgence I look forward to each time. I'll crack the spine on a new book and try to find the mood to watch something on Netflix that I saved to watch until the mood is right.
- Brian Friel RIP. Rare interview: "You can’t deposit fealty to a situation, like the Northern situation, that you don’t believe in. Then you look south of the Border and that enterprise is in so many ways distasteful. And yet both places are your home, so you are an exile in your home in some kind of sense."
- Once, Then, Gone: The Art of Recollection
- I've always loved their Trinner romance story (I'm an unabashed romantic about my alma mater), now I love their house too
- A beautiful way to commemorate a beautiful day, by Nicholas Mosse from Makers & Brothers
- Another fall must-read, on its way to me right now. (Honestly, Stinging Fly always gets it right so I just order everything they publish without hesitation)
- Late autumn by Toast - suitably toasty
- Obvious want (thanks Anabela!)