Lola Donoghue

Weeks ago, I removed the artwork over my sofa and there's been a glaring hole there ever since. But I'm not one to rush into buying artwork; it's a purchase that I demand involve heart as much as (if not more than) head. Lola Donoghue's work keeps pulling me back and I'm thinking of a pair of her colourful print over my sofa to brighten things up. (It makes me happy that she's Irish too, of course!)

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

I've been thinking of about updating a few different things in my apartment, undoing some decisions I've outgrown or regret and replacing some larger pieces of furniture. It's an exciting process because I usually think about more steady evolution, but that can sometimes feel like decisions are limited by past decisions. I'm relishing this more "blank slate" approach; thinking how I would decorate if I were starting from nothing. Once in awhile, it's fun to think about stepping back and creating something brand new, letting go of past decisions that can feel so trapping.
Related Posts with Thumbnails