For instance, things are getting pretty desperate in the ole wardrobe: Everything is suddenly too big for me and, while I'm happy about that, I'm having a hard time separating wants versus needs. ( I suppose knickers and jeans that don't feel like nappies would be a good place to start. Ugh, but I really want to buy a pretty hat!!) And I'm in a similar space with my apartment; I finally have clear ideas about things I want to do, but am now coming to grips with practical realities and pacing.
You know, you work so hard to get to a place where you're emotionally ready to make a bunch of decisions and then you realize, oh it's not just about my emotional readiness. I need to save money and think about practical things and all that. And I know this is basic being-a-grownup stuff, but sometimes I'm just impatient and want to do everything at once (yes, I have my Veruca Salt moments, don't we all?!)
But the weekend is here and that's always a good time to settle down and have a glass of wine (or a smoothie treat!), enjoy the end of summer and calm my scrappy zeal.
- I adore this post on the beauty of ruins
- I could dress like this every day.
- There's a full supermoon in Pisces on Saturday - read about it here.
- Kicked myself I didn't an Eames walnut Hang-It-All before, want one now!
- Anne's home is gorgeous (as is Jordan's!)
- I've been using Bloglovin' a lot and I haven't been this into blogs since Google Reader shuttered. You can follow me on it here!