Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

Just popping in quickly to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

I suspect I won't really be here much in 2015. Blogging has changed. I've changed. I need something new and hopeful. Captial-B 'Blogger' has become a label I fight against rather than buy into. It's wonderful and admirable that there are many out there still fighting the good fight. But I need to move onto something not as fighty over what it is and whether it has sold itself out or can still be meaningful and interesting. To be frank, I spend enough of my day-job in this mode and I want to build something from a positive place, not a negative or contrary one.

But blogging has been an extraordinary experience. I've met so many wonderful people and I've been able to push my writing in very personal, and sometimes difficult, directions away from scrutiny or affiliation with media. The people who've read and who've cared to respond have been supportive and intelligent and at times challenging, but in ways that were kind and made me reflect and learn. None of us is perfect and that's always especially evident online. And I've seen my own imperfections painfully magnified here at times but people have always been generous. I think that's really reading and writing at its best; each person straining to be understood, to find meaning and truth in each other.

I'll miss blogging too. And I'll miss the connection with people, though it too has waned and migrated to other social media. Although I haven't been doing it much of late, the muscle memory to blog still there. It's been eight years (!) after all. But I know the difference between doing something from habit and it being right and having forward momentum.

If you care to follow me, I'm very active on Twitter and Instagram and, if I have new writing anywhere, I'll share links there (and likely update my Portfolio too).

Other than that: Just thank you. And much love for 2015.

Jane

xx
Related Posts with Thumbnails