Sunday best: Fancy sweats

I'm a little in love with the fact that some sweats have just become pants. The idea of wearing your comfiest pants with fancy shoes and jewelry seems like something we should have invented a long time ago...

Yesterday, I spent a lot of time thinking about the type of life I want to lead, the type of woman I want to be. I had strong ideas about these things when I was in my twenties and sometimes I think a lot of the guilt or pride or disappointment is because I still carry those outdated notions... twenty-something ideations seem difficult to shake off... I'm not sure I'll ever get over the fact I didn't grow up to be Winona.

But lately I've been feeling, simply, happier. It's not that there's less angst, but that I no longer think that angst is a matter of curing or growing out of.

I'm always interested in how a change in our attitude to ourselves affects our approach to style too. I mean, fashion for women is often a place we go to reinforce feelings of needing or wanting to change. It's not always negative, but it's often about stretching and being different in some way.

Lately, I just want something to speak to me. Whether it's decor or fashion. I don't want it to shout some call for transformation or reinvention or emergence. Just to whisper how easily it could fit right in, how it might have been there all along. Fancy sweats - what can I say? - they fit right in.

Products: Brett shirt from Equipment | Earrings from Satomi Kawakita | Renee Sheppard bangle from Twist | 3.1 PHILLIP LIM Ottoman Knit Sweats from La Garconne | Shoes from Sezane | Olio Lusso face oil from Rodin | Lip Slip from Sara Happ
Related Posts with Thumbnails