Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Hee-haw!

Thank you so much for reading my blog this year! It's been a year full of challenges and excitement. I think I changed a lot this year, settling down in some ways, mutable as ever in others. And I'm happy that 2013 is ending on a sweet note and that my Christmas will be one in nature and with loved ones.


I used to be more skeptical, to easily pooh-pooh the relationships that form through blogs and social media. I see them now as just another part of my reality. And even though the separateness that exists in all relationships is more magnified here, so is the special nature of connections and of using words to reach each other across unknown, unimagined distances.

As I do every year, I've renewed my sponsorship of our friends at The Donkey Sanctuary as a gift for those who read here. I hope you all have a lovely Christmas, whatever form the holidays take for you, and that these days are full up with hope and joy. Hee-haw!

Image via The Donkey Sanctuary on Facebook.

29 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Christmas Jane. I have very much enjoyed your blog posts this year and your beautiful flowers and other photos on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy your blog. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays Jane. Hope you enjoy every moment.

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, and thanks for the donkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful Christmas Jane! Thanks for being you, and for this blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hila! What an exciting year you have in front of you! It will be fun to follow xx

      Delete
  6. Happy Christmas! I love that you sponsor donkeys at the Donkey Sanctuary of Canada. I don't sponsor a donkey, but I send them a cheque every December. How can you not want to help the donkeys, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Jane. I have enjoyed every moment of your blog this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those relationships are an unexpected part of my reality. A pleasant surprise. What a fabulous furry donkey. Hee-haw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely thing to do!
    Enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merriest & happiest wishes to you, Jane. I've loved coming her for years. Thank you for sharing your space & self with us day after day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following. I hope you have a lovely break!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for your wonderful post, Jane. It is a special connection, isn't it? Just as Denise said, a pleasant surprise. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nollaig Shona duit. I look forward to reading you're posts though out the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mairéad! Nollaig Shona duit freisin agus athbhliain faoi mhaise duit!

      Delete
  13. Merry Christmas and many thanks for your lovrly blog.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy holidays to one of my favorite bloggers! I love reading everything you write, so thanks for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Sarai! You're among my faves too!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.