Sunday best: Snow

It started yesterday, the snow. I love it and dread it. I love the biting cold and the soft flurries, the slow mo falling that seems to suspend time, shimmering and uncapturable. I dread my steps being truncated, made tentative, the fear of falling, the holding of breath, the shortcuts.


It hasn't felt as close to Christmas as it did when that snow started falling. I went downtown and did some shopping, gifts squirrelled in corners of my bookshelves and closet, the places I searched for my own gifts growing up.

And so easily a mood takes hold. A craving for cinnamon and stuffing. A reaching for green and twinkling things to hang up. A yearning to see movies and sing songs, watched and sung just once a year.

The snow set all that in motion in me yesterday.

Happy Sunday!

Sunghee Bang Adelphi Beanie from Barneys | MM6 by Maison Martin Margiela Chunky Hand-Knit Cardigan from La Garconne | Proenza Schouler Boyfriend Jean from La Garconne | Women's Earthkeepers® Mount Hope Mid Waterproof Boot from Timerbland | The Lip Slip from Sara Happ
Related Posts with Thumbnails