Sunday best: Easy

I went back to spinning yesterday for the first time in months. Those of you who maintain routines through thick and thin amaze me. Me - it's like I go through phases of blindess and then get my perfect eyesight restored - and the colours and light dazzle me each time. I'd really like to fluctuate less in this one area... because it's an area where inconsistency creates its own issues. I guess it's about setting priorities that override work demands, really.

Already that one class has changed my energy and mindset. Today is just going to be easy. I might walk down to the garden centre and plant some paperwhites on my windowsill. Or I might gallivant a little in some stores. Or simply walk to my favourite coffee shop with my book (The Goldfinch, if you're wondering, and yes I recommend!)

I love this outfit. I don't really wear trainers except when I'm wearing yoga pants, but I probably should because I walk so much. And I usually resist wearing a coat until it's absolutely senseless. So maybe this is an ensemble that represents a more realistic, grounded me.

In a few weeks, my office moves downtown and that's going to change my days too. I'll be able to walk to work! I'm imagining those strolling mornings... Leaving early enough to stop on the way for coffee. And leaving work in the evening and picking my way home through the flower market or bookstore or another coffee shop or even pub - things that right now seem like an unwieldy detour.

Change will be good.

Happy Sunday!

Products: MARC BY Marc Jacobs Max coat from Net-a-Porter | MiH Paris jeans from Net-a-Porter | Sweater from James Perse | Adidas Gazelle trainers from Gravity Pope | Marjorie bag from Ally Capellino
Related Posts with Thumbnails