Sunday best: September came and went

September is just about my favourite month of the year, but this year it barely glanced off my senses.

My days have been extra long, my weekends spent working. I've lost my sense of self in all of it. No time for reading or writing, no time for just sitting and drinking in a coffee shop and I'm sure my friends all hate me right now. All the things that usually hold me down me have lost anchor.

I miss September already. Today, I'm office-bound again. But I'm going to look up and close my eyes and hold onto the feeling of the sun still warm and the air getting chilly, the light so golden but clear and blue too, the leaves falling so that it's never really quiet. The gathering glow of it, the gentle letting go.

Products: Leather travel case from Byredo | Charles Anastase dress from La Garconne | Popcorn knit cardigan from Barneys | Cathy Waterman Rose Cut Diamond Leaf Necklace from Twist | Shooter bag from Loeffler Randall | Lanvin flats from Luisaviaroma | Cathy Waterman Rustic Diamond Leafside Ring from Twist | Autumn Leaves lipstick from NARS
Related Posts with Thumbnails