Sunday best: Sycomore-inspired

Yesterday, I went into the office to try to get ahead on this project I'm working on. After a solid day there, I knew I had to do something nice for myself, so I headed down to Bloor for a little gallivant.


At Holts, I bought new make-up (I'm trying Burberry foundation and it's the first time in my life I haven't had to buy the lightest shade and still feel it's too dark, or too yellow). And I bought some of the new Chanel cream blush. As the make-up counter lady was trying out the shades on my skin, I admired her perfume. It was Sycomore from the Les Exclusifs de Chanel range. 100% not the kind of fragrance note I would usually gravitate towards. But she sprayed it on me and it enveloped the way a golden fall day does.

I browsed around, not seeing much else to really tug at my heart. Despite what my blog might lead you to believe, I find myself mostly bored looking at clothes and at shoes. So I went to the flower market and bought some dahlias instead. Still, the fragrance stayed with me and I started to think about fall. About knits and dark colours, beautiful objects with depth and patina and a sort of pungent beauty to them.

The truth is that I really only buy a few special things each season. And today's inspiration won't be translated to reality verbatim, of course. But the greens and blacks and greys are really compelling to me right now. In the heady sway of Sycomore, this is my ideal sort of fall look...

Products: Sycomore from Les Exclusifs de Chanel | Rag & Bone Cara pullover from La Garconne | MiH Jeans from Net-a-Porter | Runwell Watch from Shinola | 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel from Shopbop | Blaise flats from Loeffler Randall
Related Posts with Thumbnails