Sunday best: August

August isn't the most inspiring fashion month for me. The novelty of summer has worn off and the new collections feel premature. I catch moments of autumn on certain days; a certain angle of sun or a chill when it's dark. I'm already looking forward to it.


Of course, I wear black whether it's plus or minus 30 celsius, so I'm not sure how much all this seasonality really affects me. After all, I would wear this today and wear it again in October with a big cardigan. I've never really felt that seasons, trends etc. apply to the way I dress, apart from exposing me to different ideas and new labels that might go with what I already like.

I did lots of small, niggling things in July... taking coats and blankets and duvets to the dry-cleaner, repotting plants, hanging new drapes, making a long put-off dermatologist appointment, trying new recipes. My list for August is similarly banal but satisfying:
- Replace pillows on my bed (I really want a Hastens pillow!)
- Get new trainers
- Cook from Jerusalem (I bought it yesterday and feel so inspired!)
- Re-establish my daily yoga habit
- Read A Girl Is A Half-Formed Thing today (also, post copies to the giveaway winners)

Products: A Girl Is a Half-Formed Thing by Eimear McBride | Saguenay Tunic Shirt from Toast | Splendid leggings from Net-a-Porter | ginette_ny Mother of Pearl Ring from Shopbop | 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel from SSENSE | Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil from NARS | Charley Booties from Madewell

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy Jerusalem, Jane! It is an inspiring book - so many delicious recipes and interesting flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit. the bag is gorgeous. and the ring too! have a beautiful sunday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same, both about feeling ready for cooler weather, and about clothing seasonality. And about yoga! I've been trying to re-establish my habit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard once I slip out of. And then once I start again I'm like wtf was I thinking?! I'm such a mystery to myself haha!

      Delete
  4. I have that Jerusalem cookbook and I adore it. I'm not really good with cooking from cookbooks, I tend to mess things up and not follow the instructions. But this one is pretty good, and I hope you'll enjoy cooking from it too. Try the Shakshouka recipe for a weekend breakfast/brunch - it's heaven. I sometimes have it for dinner too when I'm really lazy.

    P.S. I love the ring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hila. Shakshuka looks delicious!

      Delete
  5. I wish it were easier to order from Toast where I live! Summers here get very hot, like in the 100 fahrenheit/37 celsius range, so this outfit would have to wait a while here. Although, now that I think about it, I could probably wear it to work and be fine. It can be blazing outside, but the air conditioner makes it meat locker cold inside so that I have to keep a space heater by my desk. Kind of ridiculous really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have the same thing here with A/C. I'm not good with the heat once it gets over 30 (and it goes up beyond 40 sometimes here too!) Looking forward to fall!

      Delete
  6. I too have been cooking from the Jerusalem cookbook and loving it! I have become addicted to Pomegranate Molasses and its sticky sweetness. I can also vouch for the daily yoga practice - it is such a great feeling once you get into it - even three times a week feels good, but this still doesn't capture the quiet depths that are achievable with daily work. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I fell off the wagon with yoga when my workload increased dramatically. I just need to reclaim some time! It is transformative.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.