Sunday best: Beach days

I didn't think a lot about this trip in the lead-up to it. People asked, are looking forward to it? and I'd look blankly back at them, a blurred haze over my eyes. And even when there was only one week, one day left to go, it felt very far away. I told them, I'll feel it when I step on the plane. But even then, I didn't.


I've been waiting for the relaxation to take hold. And Dublin's been amazing; sunny, warm, beautiful. I'm sunburnt. I've been swimming. I read half of Colum McCann's new book on the beach one day. But something's keeping me tethered to that same unease I've been feeling now for months.

I've been mostly walking and sitting still, wading into saltwater. I'll keep these simple things on repeat and hope they take hold.

Products: Photo Reverse by Institut Esthederm | Vada Printed Linen Caftan from Calypso St Barth | TransAtlantic by Colum McCann | Ruched swimsuit from J.Crew | Mademoiselle Cream sunglasses from Illesteva | Marni sandals from Net-a-Porter

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, restful post as usual, and wonderful to be able to read your different life whilst in a little village in Mali. Would love it if you shared more of your thoughts on TransAtlantic in a post. It's likely to be a while before I get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabi - I'm a bit behind on book report posts, but I hope to get back on track soon! I'm enjoying Transatlantic a lot!

      Delete
  2. Oh, can't wait to get my hands on TransAtlantic. I really loved Let the Great World Spin. Glad you are enjoying your time in Dublin; have so enjoyed reading your posts about being there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.