Sunday best: Summer romance

Yesterday, I slept late, strolled down the hill for a haircut and then went shopping. It felt like so long since I had a day of nothing. A day when I bought a pretty scarf, just cause. I browsed lazily, indulgently instead of my usual search-and-destroy shopping blitz.


It can colour a day when everybody you meet along the way is happy. My lovely hairdresser. The gentleman who works at the Byredo counter at Holt Renfrew — one of my favourite people in the whole city to shop from. I treated myself to one of the leather travel cases. And the girls at Gee Beauty, where I stocked up on my skincare staples and samples.

Today, I have a bit of writing to do and errands of a more banal variety. Still, my neighbourhood is heady with lilac and mock orange and I'm having a bit of a summer romance with Toronto. There's something exciting in the air. Something new.

Happy Sunday!

Products: Cancer necklace from Brooke Gregson | Lace Dress by Girl by Band of Outsiders from La Garconne | Sommer bike from Papillionaire | ChloƩ sandals from Net-a-Porter | Roses from David Austin Roses


2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.