Sunday best: Taxed & untaxed

Yesterday, I worked myself up into a tizzy thinking our tax deadline was the end of the month. Though the day wasn't all bad; I went for a big stroll and then watched Skyfall... you know, the kinds of things you do when you're avoiding doing something else (btw, Skyfall was amazing, my favourite Bond ever).

Anyway, I finally settled down to do them and it was all much easier than I expected because I really am ridiculously organized and it was a straightforward year. And just when as I hit "file", I realize I'm a full month early. Jeez louise. I mean, I'm glad they're done, but talk about spinning your tires.



So, today I'm allowed to relax properly.

All week, I felt like I was moving from moment to moment without greater context, so it's lovely now to land on Sunday and feel there's no major task or chore to do. The day is stretched right out in front of me and I can take it upon myself to do anything at all, or even nothing at all...

Do you like the shoes? I actually bought them — a complete impulse purchase... when they arrived I wasn't as head over heels with them as I imagined I'd be, but then I put them on and I love them. Mostly, I'm excited for sockless days again!

Happy Sunday!

Products: Comme des Garcon cardigan from La Garconne | Current/Elliott The Boyfriend jean from Net-a-Porter | E0701S earrings from Satomi Kawakita | Making Certain It Goes On: The Collected Poems of Richard Hugo | Pouch by Falconwright | Silent by Damir Doma shoes from SSense

10 comments:

  1. we're half-way done with our canadian taxes. i guess we aren't out of the woods just yet.

    the leather looks so papery thin and soft. is it? i like the beige browns of this outfit. i'm wearing an emerald green dress made from sari fabric today. i wish the sun would come out and stay out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a weird sort of leather... not as soft as my softest shoes, but more papery.

      The sun is being so fickle with us... I'm dying for this winter to be truly over.

      Delete
  2. I have been eyeing those shoes, mainly curious if they would look flattering on. The leather seems so appealingly delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same concern and that's why I initially thought uh-oh when I got them out of the box. But I love them on my feet.

      Delete
  3. Just thinking on my way home from the shop that I'll be so happy to go sock-less...socks are just so dumpy...at least I feel dumpy in them.

    On another note, I almost went to U Of M at Missoula to study with Richard Hugo, but sadly, he died that year.
    What a kind and generous poet. I loved that poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow - so close! That would have been amazing!

      I love socks in a way, but I'm always ready for a new season!

      Delete
  4. Well, I love this colour palette. But it was the shoes I noticed!

    My taxes were the same. (Although I outsourced because I'm a scared foreigner.) It's times like that I realise I am actually organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice!

      I sortof love doing my taxes because it's not something we do in Ireland and the very concept of a government saying "you've paid too much" wrecks my head! But not this year, I owed, sadly...

      Delete
  5. I watched Skyfall this weekend too and have to agree that it's the best of all that I've seen (which is a grand total of like three and a half, but whatever.) I just want to be Judy Dench. She was excellent in it. And I also really love this Sunday Best of all the ones you've done. I'm a sucker for big sweaters and neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! I want to be Judy Dench too!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.