Sunday best: Springing forward

Yesterday was the first day of spring here and the city knew it. I went to the grocery store and the flower market and when I got home, I hadn't had enough and went back out, browsing down another street and looking for something to treat myself to. I went into Farrow & Ball and picked up some paint samples, including this Porphyry Pink, which I fancy though I'm not sure for where.


Back home, I razed my apartment and spring-cleaned top to bottom. Those new drapes were finally hung and windows were cleaned too. My sun-dried desk was given a long indulgent drink of oil (I left overnight - it's still thirsty) and my bathroom got a new shower curtain too. In every room, I changed enough that it feels different and noticeable when I walk into them.

Today, I'll repot plants and do some writing. Late in the evening, just when Sunday is beginning to wear out, friends will come over and food will be made. We'll notice how it's still light and it will feel like the first gathering of spring and summer evenings, with music through open windows and the chime of glasses.

Happy Sunday!

Products: World of Interiors | Straight Leg Jeans from Toast | Sheer Panel Jumper from COS | Satin Lip Pencil from NARS | Jeanine Payer Tulle Moonscape Necklace from Twist | Porphyry Pink from Farrow & Ball | Military Plimsoll from Margaret Howell

8 comments:

  1. This was such a positive post Jane. You made me think about making done small adjustments at home to usher in spring, although London has been freezing today. I hope you have a great evening with friends and a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait! we were hoping to be moved into our new place by the beginning of spring here...but it's looking like it will be a bit later.

    I know you give us glimpses every now and then, but have you ever (would it feel too intrusive?) posted a 'home tour' or something like this? I love your style and the little bits I see, but it would be lovely to get a big picture! (I'm in the pre-move in phase of collecting inspiration and idea for my new - double the size - space!)

    Best wishes for the week ahead,

    Sera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done so a little in the past, most recently here: http://seenandsaid.blogspot.ca/2012/05/around-home.html

      ...but I have to say I'm pretty private and find myself very hurt when people judge my home. But thank you - I'll definitely consider posting more photos :)

      Delete
  3. This post is invigorating! We had similarly wonderful weather here, although not officially Spring yet. The sun on your back - so good!

    PS - The dusty quality to that pink is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I'm not sure where to begin -- I found your blog today and, like a child running back and forth in front of the candy counter trying to decide which delicious candy to select first, I find myself skipping back and forth between Art, Sunday Best, Books, Inspiring Women - worried I might miss the other options. I'm exhausted, yet so pleased! I feel I know you -- like we've sat all afternoon sharing tea and cookies and chatted up a storm. Thank you - you're wonderful company. I'll keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Thank you Elizabeth - that's lovely to hear. I'm glad you're enjoying dipping back into some of the older posts too. It's nice to think about them being read!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.