Sunday best: Indoorsy

I opened my curtains later than usual yesterday and saw this and thought about who lives in my building and who it might have been for. And I get by most days by inhibiting the idea of all of those I live in such close quarters with. But, occasionally, it's nice to know they're there, to bear witness to facets of the lives running parallel to my own.


And much as whoever did it for their beloved, they would have known that we would all look down and become involved in their gesture, without show, but quietly and mysteriously. And that seemed lovely.

My own weekend has been shrouded by easy, gentle things. I did a lot of writing and made hot drinks. I lay on my bed and listened to music, looked at magazines and dipped into books and journals. I threw on my most worn and favourite jeans and sweater, padded around in socked feet and closed my eyes sometimes for minutes, just listening to the melt outside.


Happy Sunday!

Products: Current/Elliott The Boyfriend cropped straight-leg jeans from Net-a-Porter | Boy by Band of Outsiders Chunky Cable Pullover from La Garconne | No. 3 Flower Urn from Frances Palmer | Cathy Waterman Rustic Diamond Thorn Post Earrings from Twist | Vellum books from 1st Dibs | Ripple porcelain mugs from ABC Home |

Photograph:
Erica Tanov's bedroom photographed by Leslie Williamson. Leslie has a Kickstarter project right now that I contributed to over the weekend. You can read about it here. Hers is one of my favourite blogs so I'm delighted to lend her my support.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely, Jane. A happy Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely way to end the weekend, reading your Sunday post. I think I had a similar weekend. The snow forced me to slow down a little, especially today. It was lovely to have no agenda. Somehow your composite here fits perfectly.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I love it a little when our days are so dictated by the elements (as long as it doesn't last too long!)

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of your weekend. And I think this is perfect:

    "And much as whoever did it for their beloved, they would have known that we would all look down and become involved in their gesture, without show, but quietly and mysteriously. And that seemed lovely."

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that's my favourite, too, and it's what I thought when I saw the photo. I love when people do things like that.

    Also love the outfit, and that bedroom. And your description of yourself and how you spent your day.

    Well, then: the whole post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a very cute sweater, looks very comfy! your weekend sounds like the perfect winter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this post. Sweaters and jeans are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am obsessed with that sweater. Obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good 'un! Perfect neckline, I think.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.