Biyan

I can't remember the last time I was so inspired by a fashion collection to give it its own blog post. More often, it's the case that everything blurs into a swirling sameness. And I find it easy to forget that I actually like fashion, that I admire the craft that goes into making it; beyond the covetousness and conspicuous consumption tied up in the industry, the Pinteresters and all that jazz. But Biyan Wanaatmadja's designs make me forget all of that for a moment and I find myself, instead, lost in a fashion fairytale.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry if you've already gone over this, but no more Sunday Best? That was my Monday morning staple. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not necessarily doing one every week, but it will be still part of my blog.

      Delete
  2. You are right - these photos definitely stand out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the designs are pretty special too, beautiful patterns.

      Delete
  3. I'm lost in this fairytale too...how beautifully the subjects and their clothes seem to fold seamlessly into the natural vista...my only complaint being why do so many of the few beautiful clothes I admire seem to require the wearer to possess no boobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree!! But I think these designs would look gorgeous on nearly any figure. A-line is always so flattering!

      Delete
  4. A lot of these dresses are like wearing a garden - so stunningly beautiful. The patterns are amazing. The two dresses in the bottom photo are my favourites, I just adore them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.