Sunday best: Sudden cold

In the middle of last night I got up and climbed up on a chair and in a sort of waking dream, pulling down an extra blanket. The cold season is upon us so suddenly.


Today, I won't go far, but I'll stay wrapped up and warm and drink hot drinks. And I'll read my November horoscope, because there's always time for horoscopes on Sundays. I saw the Estee Lauder compacts in a magazine over the weekend and immediately wanted one, so I may just go looking and decide on a treat.

And what else for days like these but books and words, woollen things and socked feet?

Products: MiH Jeans Paris cropped mid-rise jeans from Net-a-Porter | Vince Honeycomb Knit Jacket from Shopbop | Cancer Zodiac from Estee Lauder | Cathy Waterman Green Tourmaline Oak Leaf Basket Ring from Twist | Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Baroque form NARS | Vera Wang Kelsey Knee High Boots from Shopbop

14 comments:

  1. I'm a November baby too, 11/11! Happy early birthday. I love to buy myself treats around my bday too, it's the best. Maybe because we are usually frugal scorpios?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - I just slightly panicked rereading to see where I said it was my birthday. It's not - I'm a moonchild and was born in June!

      But happy birthday to you and may your month be full of treats! My Mum is a Scorpio too!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Jane, this was a real treat. You never disappoint with your Sunday Bests. I think maybe I needed this little reminder to treat myself today. Enjoy your Sunday thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned winter overnight here in Madrid too, though it happened last weekend. Crazy how it happens like that in a flash. I pulled out all my cozy sweaters and put the down comforter on the bed, and this week we even turned on our heaters (yikes!). Perfect days though, as you say, for books and words and woolen things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, what else?

    Although, I could handle wearing that Vince cardie as well - it's sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely time to take the "long-sleeved underwear" out of the drawer! Enjoying cold weather is all about being adequately prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous you're heading into winter. Such days are perfect. But strangely enough, it was quite chilly for me on Sunday too, and stormy. For once, our weather was aligned! I managed to finish a book and snuggle under a blanket - bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like winter too... though only at the outset. I'm usually over it by January! It can be harsh up here in the Great White North!

      Funny to think our weather for once aligned!

      Delete
  7. this is such and inviting post.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.