Pomegranate, copper and ivy

My place felt like a dark all last week and I realized just how used I am to Toronto's normally clear skies. The lemon plant that sits in my window usually casting a green filtered glow around my room suddenly felt oppressive, like ivy growing over windows. And all of this I thought of and felt myself drawn to glowing things.

On the weekend, I brought home two pomegranates from the grocery store. I cracked into them and turned them over in my hand, tapping on the skin and collecting jewels on my plate. And I thought of glowing metals and fires, of beeswax candles and all that's burnished.

Image credits 1: Pomegranates via | John Derian cake pedestal | Copper coffee pot | Interior by Brian Ferry for Remodelista | Books from 1stDibs | Cathy Waterman ring from Twist | A.P.C. boots form La Garconne
Image credits 2: Still life by Amy Merrick | Boston lamp from Circa | Assouline candle from Net-a-Porter | Burberry coat from Net-a-Porter | Paul Costello image via 1stDibs
Related Posts with Thumbnails