Loot, Eire edition

I hadn't intended to shop much at home—I was more interested in consuming Mammy's brown bread and sea-swimming than trawling the shops. But...

I found COS in BT2 and went a little nutty.

And I found a UK first edition of Ill Seen Ill Said in Cathach Books. I already own a first US edition, so now I have a set. Cathach also had a signed first edition, which I sadly could not afford... Secret admirers, take note.

One of my favourite discoveries of the trip was photography magazine, Blow. It is beautifully produced and I was in thrall to its pages.

After a mandatory stop at Bow Boutique to pick up some cashmere by my friend Eilis Boyle for a gift, I discovered a charming jewelry shop in Westbury Mall called Stonechat Jewellers and met jeweler Ann Chapman there. I bought two pairs of earrings, one gift and one self-gift. My self-gifting expertise knows now bounds - I chose silver knot earrings by Jessica Poole. The image below is the gold ring of the same design series.

And, naturally, I fancied some Tom Ford scarlet nail polish, Laduree macarons and a Chanel compact that we can't get here. Brown Thomas used to be one of my favourite places and sadly is no longer, but it does have its uses. Leave it to me to find them.

You'll be happy to know there was plenty of Mammy's brown bread and sea-swimming too.
Related Posts with Thumbnails