Back from Dublin

I'm back in Canada! Full to the brim with clarity and hope, ideas and resolutions. It was a wonderful trip. It may turn out to be one of those hinge moments in my life, but it's too soon to tell and often these things fade, replaced with regular routines, frustrations and a more solemn state of normalcy. For now, I feel transformed.

Those of you who follow me on Instagram and Twitter will have seen many of these images already (sorry for the repeat). But I've yet to sort the photographs I took with my proper camera, so these are just some snapshots. I look at these photographs and feel most what wasn't seen from behind a lens. Faces smiling at me through taxi windows, that feeling of familiarity with friends, the sound of the sea booming and the quieter sound of saltwater cupped in my hands as I pulled it behind me.

I want to thank all of you for your comments on the post Hila and I wrote. It was another transformative thing, for me at least. And it led to many "what next?" questions that I also pondered while I was away.

I have lots to tell you, but I may be slow in the telling. This transition back is always hard for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails