Sunday best: Simple Sunday

Sleep was fitful last night but I felt myself gradually fall into it and under the covers as my room cooled down early this morning. And now the breeze is noticeably cooler after one of those syrupy hot days yesterday. So, sleep-deprived as I am, I'm happy to be up and excited to get out into it


I've been reading Paul Bowles' book The Sheltering Sky. I haven't read any of his work (nor seen the Bertolucci film). It's pretty rare I can come at a book with no ideas or expectations whatsoever about how I'm going to like it, and it's a nice feeling.

And most of my chores got done yesterday, so I can give today almost wholly over to nicer things. That will hopefully clear my mind of all that kept me from sleep last night, little thoughts that have been troubling me... people I've been trying to figure and fathom in vain. Simple things - a long walk, a stop at the flower market - should cure what ails me.

Happy Sunday!

Products: Goldsign Frontier jeans from Net-a-Porter | Tsumori Chisato Linen Gauze Knit from La Garconne | Cathy Waterman Rustic Scalloped Diamond Earrings from Twist | The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles | Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Happy Days from NARS | Sel Marin by James Heeley | The bungalow stripe sidewalk skimmer from Madewell
Related Posts with Thumbnails