Steven Seinberg & Veranda

I've loved the last few editions of Veranda magazine. Granted, everything's beautiful in a mostly completely inaccessible way, but that's never stood in the way of inspiration for me. Somehow, I've always found myself more inspired by things wholly out of reach than the high street iterations of things. I suppose, as well, if I'm going to dream I like to dream about something slightly ridiculous.

But the palette is truly the palette I gravitate towards over and over... I live with lots of blues and taupes. There are other details I like too - the nailed brass band around the coffee table appeals to me. The simple arrangement of glass objects too. And I've been thinking about Twombly-esque abstracts of late. The painting here by Steve Seinberg really sings to me. Here's some more of his work from his website...

Image credits: Suzanne Kasler-designed room, photographed by Thibault Jeanson for Veranda April 2012 (more info here) | Paintings from Steve Seinberg's website
Related Posts with Thumbnails