Sunday best: Waiting for spring

I spent most of yesterday indoors, waiting for a furniture delivery (here's a peek!) while winter suddenly decided to hit Toronto. I usually like to get out the door early on the weekends, but it was actually nice to have a day indoors, to putter about, looking at paint chips for my kitchen and making cups of tea.


Today, with all my weekend chores done, I'll have the day to wander and sit around coffee shops, meet up with friends and read books.

February always strikes me as a cruel month (I feel that Eliot was wrong about it being April, at least if he was including Toronto). I'm always ready for spring when February hits, on the lookout for crocus buds and robins. But even this mild winter, it's too early and every day below zero seems like a cruel joke.

So, although there's snow on the ground, I can't bring myself to include snow boots in today's Sunday best (though that's what I'll be wearing) and because there isn't yet green on the trees, I reached for this blouse from Toast's new Spring collection. I'll probably find myself at the flower market today too, drawn to sunnier colours.

Wishing you a lovely Sunday!

Products: J Brand Denim 231 jeans from Net-a-Porter | Webb glasses from Warby Parker | Jil Sander Cashmere cardigan from Net-a-Porter | Mosaic top from Toast | Wild Bluebell Cologne from Jo Malone | Lip Glacé from Laura Mercier | Reed Krakoff Leather shoulder bag from Net-a-Porter | Archive leather boot from Madewell
Related Posts with Thumbnails