Sunday best: Colour pop

I had the loveliest day yesterday. It was the perfect Saturday; both leisurely and productive. I finally broke through that mental block I've had for the last few weeks and got a major task finished.

But there was also time to wander the neighbourhood and stop in all my favourite shops. At Nadege, I bought a pistachio pain au chocolat and my world changed forever. At Hollace Cluny, I daydreamed about cushions by Adam + Viktoria.


And I went to Gee Beauty to stock up on a few new products from the regime they prescribed me. Everywhere I went, people called me by my name and smiled and chatted. And I felt at home in the best possible way in my city.

This morning, I got up early and went to yoga. I'll spend the rest of the day reading, puttering and doing minor chores. I often go into weekends expecting too much from the two days and from myself; redemption and relaxation, productivity and unfettered joy. This weekend, as if by magic, I seem to have managed to have it all. I hope yours was similarly delightful.

In response to my colour posts, I often receive comments from readers saying they're drawn to the colours but always wear neutrals. Me too! Today's outfit seems incredibly colourful to me, but is in fact very safe and neutral. It's a good reminder that I can entertain that colourful purse or scarf or nail polish I'm suddenly drawn to and not feel like it means redefining my style from the ground up. The neutral / colour thing might be another example of when over-identifying becomes narrowing in the end.

Products: Girl by Band of Outsiders Crepe blazer from Net-a-Porter | ELA MILCK Clutch from The Code | MiH Jeans Paris mid-rise cropped jeans from Net-a-Porter | United Bamboo Border Knit Pullover from La Garconne | Etro Paisley-print linen and silk-blend scarf from Net-a-Porter | April & June nail polish from Chanel | Lewis collier pĂȘche from Titlee | Honolulu Honey lipstick from NARS | Jil Sander Wave Flat from La Garconne
Related Posts with Thumbnails