Sunday best: 2012

After all the hoopla, to wake up this morning and simply find it a Sunday; that number change stripped of all its ceremony and my little head a little sore from the ringing in of it.

Still, enough of the magic still remains that I'll feel different today. Once I shower and go get a new 2012 Metropass, I'll ride downtown and get a coffee. I'll savour that coffee a little more and let my hands run over books in shops.

All the ceremony boils down to these small first gestures and that's just grand... Quiet tokens, dusted with hope, a slight change in attention, to mark a hopeful start. A gentle determination, an extra inch stretched in yoga. And a sweet moment in my inbox to make me smile.

Hello, 2012.

Products: Too Much Happiness: Stories by Alice Munro | Girl by Band of Outsiders Neck Tie Blouse from La Garconne | 7 for all mankind jeans from Net-a-Porter | Eden cardigan from J.Crew | Blush foldover from Clare Vivier | Larger Than Life Lip Gloss from Nars | Rachel Comey Derringer Oxford from Totokaelo
Related Posts with Thumbnails