Neverland week

Did you have a lovely Christmas? I hope so! Mine was quiet and cozy and perfect. I read and watched movies and went for strolls and now I'm relaxed and happy, completely rested.

The week between Christmas and New Year's is a Neverland kind of time. It's easy to waste time like this, to coast for seven days until the next big hooray and only then seek new beginnings. But I'm already making new plans. I don't want to use the word "resolutions" because it carries a weight of unfulfilled good intentions. And more than a checklist of things I want to accomplish, I'm just letting myself feel optimistic about 2012.

Yesterday, I went for a big walk and came home and did yoga. In my mind, I mixed up a heady cocktail of concrete goals and uninhibited fantasies. And I found myself thinking it all could really happen. But I'm a firm believer in the small things too. So, I also cleaned out my closet and drawers, organized my dressing table and medicine cabinet.

I've been listening to the new Kate Bush album, 50 Words for Snow. It's the perfect accompaniment to the book I'm reading, but it's also perfect for the mood of this week. These are the kinds of days we spend so much of the year daydreaming about; rested, unfettered, full of good food and company. How are you spending yours?

Products: Hope Ease Cardigan from La Garconne | Acne Wonder Tee from La Garconne | MiH Jeans Paris jeans from Net-a-Porter | MM6 by Maison Martin Margiela Large Clutch from La Garconne | Cathy Waterman black diamond ring from Ylang23 | 50 Words for Snow by Kate Bush | Lanvin shoes (my own, from a past collection)
Related Posts with Thumbnails