I've been thinking about my 2012 resolutions! I feel like what I've landed on are more tweaks than anything else. 2011 was a good year for me and I want to build on that rather than raze things and start over. Still, there are things that I want to put some effort around.
1. Save pennies. I completely hate thinking about money, but it is something that also stresses me. I dread my computer dying, a sudden necessity to fly home. These are not things I want to toss and turn about. Ever.
2. Try new recipes. I have so many cookbooks full of delicious recipes. And yet I mostly find myself cooking familiar favourites over and over. Even when I eat out, I hone in on the same thing. Of course, I'm allowed to have favourites, but I want to try new things too and not just read food blogs and think how good everything sounds.
3. New skincare regime. This is half inspired by Lisa Eldridge's videos (part 1 & 2) and half inspired by an excellent consultation at Gee Beauty. I'm trying a new regime that is much more gentle and protective. As part of this, I'm going to try to wear sun protection every single day.
4. Add strength to workouts. In 2011, I worked really hard to get good at working out (even when I have a bad attitude about it). I do cardio and yoga pretty much daily. Although there's strength in yoga, I'd also like to add a few resistance workouts to the mix in 2012.
5. Travel to exciting places. Literally and figuratively. I'm not sure yet if 2012 will include another trip to Ireland, but I definitely want to go west to the mountains this year. Travel always butts up against saving goals, but my recent trip to New York was a surprisingly inexpensive treat. And I very much hope to have visitors in 2012 too; secondhand travel also counts!
6. Have fun with friends. It probably tells a sad story that this needs to be a resolution. But when things get busy and I'm feeling reclusive, I turn down a lot of invitations. I need to balance all of this out. I love my alone time, but good company is a salve too. And my reflex reaction to invitations is not always the one I should go with.
Are you making resolutions this year?
Image credits: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6