House Beautiful

I can't remember the last time I blogged about decor. Such a wave of over-styled images swept over me, that I suddenly stopped buying magazines and looking at pictures of homes I don't live in. Instead, I looked at my own space and moved things around, made some long-delayed purchase decisions about furniture and sketched some plans for new bookshelves

It's funny, I seem to have little problem sharing my inner life on my blog. But I'm never much in the sharing mood when it comes to opening the doors to my home or photographing my Saturday nights for blog consumption. Maybe a sharing mood will strike one of these weekends and I'll surprise myself and snap some pictures of my home.

In the meantime, I very much liked these images from House Beautiful of the home of Deirdre Heekin and Caleb Barber, not least because I spied the full set of Encyclopaedia of Philosophy on their shelves, and that familiar binding transported me back to the Berkeley Library at Trinity and its beloved shelves and smells.
Related Posts with Thumbnails