Margaret Howell

I've come to fully understand that I don't really care about fashion. But I do care about style and craftsmanship. I care about how things are built and the stories behind them. Sometimes this overlaps with following fashion - some fashionable people care about those things too. But it's important for me to realize the difference: In the fashion world, I don't fit in. I don't even care to try. But in the aesthetics of living, I'm a live-it, breathe-it girl. Aesthetics and eudaimonia are inseparable for me.

I always get the feeling Margaret Howell feels the same way. I could be wrong, but she seems a designer who cares in great detail about style and not one iota about fashion. And while I don't plan on shopping too much when I go on holidays, I am very, very excited to take in the Fall Margaret Howell collection.

Related Posts with Thumbnails