Elsewhere

After a grim, grey start to September, we finally had some perfect fall days over the weekend. I was in heaven. Literally walking down my street feeling love in my heart for the city. It happens every autumn, I feel so at home in this season.


And while I loved summer this year, summer love is more like a crush; heady and a little panicked. A sense of fleetingness and finiteness saturating its days. Of course, autumn is no less fleeting, but something about its days feels more grounded. More true.

My love of autumn is obvious even to me in the guest post I pulled together for Joanna of Simple Blueprint. My feelings for Canada's Group of Seven painters aren't normally ebullient, but I like them best in autumn. Maybe it's the season during which I finally, really get this province. And maybe, for a moment, I get them too.

Click here to see the full post & find credits for the images above.
Related Posts with Thumbnails