Henri Fantin-Latour & Studio Choo

Looking through my old art books over the weekend, I found my imagination captured by romantic floral arrangements painted by Henri Fantin-Latour (1863-1904). They called to mind the stunning present-day arrangements of Studio Choo and I thought about the completely timeless beauty of fleeting objects.Those were happy, transcending thoughts to have while recovering.


Thank you to all of you who sent me kind e-mails and tweets and Facebook messages over the last few days. I'm getting there... This feels like a step in the right direction.

All photographs from Studio Choo on Flickr: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
All paintings by Henri Fantin-Latour, specifically:
1. Betrothal Still Life (1869), via
2. Still Life With Flowers And Fruit (1866), via
3. Still Life With Flowers And Fruit (1865), via
4. Still Life With Flowers And Fruit (1866), via
5. Sweet Peas in a Vase (1888), via

Related Posts with Thumbnails