Sunday best: Cool and green

Today, I'm going to mostly work on paper. I'll take myself to the coffee shop with a notebook and shed words onto its pages. I like how writing with a pen changes my pace. Sometimes, I consider words for a long time before committing them to paper. (There's still that schoolgirl desire to keep my copy-book clean.) Other times they rush and tumble and throw themselves onto the page.

I'm really drawn to green right now. I love looking up from under trees. In high summer, green feels so cool and lush, promising relief from a beating sun. I don't have a lot of green in my closet, but I like the idea of adding some.

And I got a haircut yesterday so I'm feeling fresh and clean too. A bare neck is the blessing of short hair. I've been spritzing myself with an inordinate amount of Caudalie Beauty Elixir and crave the smell when it dissipates. And I'm rereading old favourites, languishing in passages both familiar and forgotten, feeling out new corners in prose I already love.

I think this summer is the most beautiful one we've had in Toronto since I moved here. I'm feeling really at home in it. Hope you have a lovely Sunday!

Products: RB3016-W0366 Clubmaster from Ray-Ban / Caudalie Beauty Elixir from Sephora / KAIN Pocket t-shirt from FarFetch / Hester necklace from Stone & Honey / Notebook from Coterie / Pen, my own / Current/Elliott jeans from Net-a-Porter / Iris suede sandals from J.Crew / Picnic clutch from Marie Turnor, found via Joanna
Related Posts with Thumbnails