Screen / canvas: Picnics

Yesterday, I took my old Avoca blanket to the park and sought a shady spot. Just me, some cold drinks and my book. I smiled at dogs and children and lost myself in chapters. Later, I thought about picnics, the scenes and images they've inspired, the timeless romance of these images...


Screen: Tess of the D'Urbervilles, dir. David Blair, BBC
Canvas: The Picnic by Henri Crockett, via


Screen: Picnic at Hanging Rock, dir. Peter Weir, Australian Film Commission
Canvas: Le déjeuner sur l'herbe (1862) by Édouard Manet, via


Screen: Sense and Sensibility, dir. Ang Lee, Columbia Pictures
Canvas: Le dejeuner sur l’herbe (1865-186) by Claude Monet, via


Screen: Emma, dir. Jim O'Hanlon, BBC
Canvas: The Picnic Ground (1907) by John Sloan, via


Screen: Stealing Beauty, dir. Bernardo Bertolucci, Fiction Cinematografica S.p.a.
Canvas: Picking Flowers (1912) by Pierre Andre Brouillet, via


Screen: A Room with a View, James Ivory, Goldcrest Films
Canvas: Lovers (1870) by Pál Szinyei Merse, via
Related Posts with Thumbnails