Friday!

I'm taking a little break from work right now, having taken yesterday and today off. I wanted to catch up on some shop business as well as work on some writing that I was having a hard time wrapping around my workdays. Sometimes juggling all these jobs gets too much and I just want to do one thing at a time.


I have to admit, I'm a little dialed out of the blog world right now, concentrating more on what I'm trying to create instead of what others are up to. I sometimes find that the less attention I pay to what others are doing, the more I just forge ahead in my own direction and the less insecure I feel about what I'm trying to create. There's a balance to be struck, though; exposure to what other people create is often inspiring and provoking too.

I'm excited for the next few days (Monday is a Civic Holiday here too). Hopefully it's a good measure of rest and productivity, physical and mental exertion. I've been doing a lot of yoga lately and find myself loving that deep stretch that seems to improve with every class. And I'm trying to do the same thing with my work as well, eking more out of less. It feels simultaneously more challenging and more calming and I like how that sits.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Photo, my own. More here.
Related Posts with Thumbnails