Happy Bloomsday! I used to love the Dublin on Bloomsday, pulling into each DART station to hear Ulysses read aloud by Joyce-lovers in costume. I hope they still do that... Needless to say, Bloomsday is not celebrated (visibly at least) in Toronto. I was bemoaning this, but considering what's become of March 17th, it's probably not such a bad thing...

I briefly considered seeing if I could tweet all of Ulysses today, but that would rightly obliterate my followers and likely get me the sack too. Instead, I've thought I'd treat myself to a little virtual Bloomsday. Doesn't it look like fun? Of course, the day is always a good excuse to reread some Ulysses. I've included some quotes to whet your appetite. Or, you can also listen to Radio Bloomsday here.

Products / images: 1st Edition of Ulysses from Abebooks / Panama fedora from Net-a-Porter / Trouser strap from Brooks / Steampunk Goggles from EDM Designs / Joyce by Berenice Abbott via / Alexander Olch tie from Lark / Dublin streetmap via / Elektra Amsterdam bike / Vintage 1950s Edwardian Gown from VivalaVintageShoppe / Black & white pudding from Food Ireland / Basket from Adeline Adeline / Rose via / Photo of Nora Barnacle via / Lace Up Ankle Boots from LapineOurs / Pocket watch from 1st Dibs / Guinness / Sweny soap / Cane from 1st Dibs / Ulysses plaque via Leo Reynolds' Flickr / Seersucker vest from J.Crew
Related Posts with Thumbnails