Sunday best: Soft & pretty

Yesterday, I went to the Aberfoyle Antique Market but didn't buy anything. I'm glad I went though; you hear so much about these things that you start to think you're missing out on some epic find and always paying a downtown premium. But the dominant style just wasn't for me.

Of course, it was lovely to get out of the city and see some vistas where the sky stretched unfettered. And to put to a more practical test my constant yearnings to live in the country - I'm not sure I saw examples of places that fit those yearnings.

So, it felt like a good day for putting some things to rest, or finding reality in  certain fantasies and my company was good too and I did little-to-no damage to my wallet, which is never a bad thing!

With that, today will be very quiet and relaxed. I'm thinking about rereading Middlemarch. I think it's one of those books I need to read every couple of years to see myself move through it as a reader, to see its characters reveal themselves anew to me.

And I have a new Donna Hay magazine and a brand new notebook to write some words down in. I want to go to the flower market and make some pictures. And because I'm working from home Monday and Tuesday, the pressure to get all my chores (i.e. laundry) done today is off. Huzzah!

Happy Sunday!

Products: Lion Door Knocker Stud Earrings by Doyle & Doyle / Peasant blouse from J.Crew / Tactel underwire bra from Bodas / Middlemarch by George Eliot / English Pear & Freesia Cologne by Jo Malone / Heather Blush by Scotch Naturals / Guerlain Météorites from Sephora / Little Peggy from Mimi Berry / 7 for all mankind jeans from Net-a-Porter / Vintage bouquet from Wild at Heart / Ricota sandal from Chie Mihara
Related Posts with Thumbnails