New at Coterie!

Over the weekend, I added some summer-weight textiles to the shop! There are scarves in two colours, lovely blue and a stunning mauve. They're big enough to be wraps or shawls too and will wrinkle beautifully with wear. And I've got some gorgeous silk and cotton textured throws too.

All the new products were sourced from a Vermont-based company and member of the Fair Trade Federation. They work in partnership with six women-owned textile design studios in Ethiopia, Swaziland, Afghanistan, and Mali, to create traditionally-inspired contemporary accessories and home textiles. The sale of these products supports the emerging private sector in each of these countries and creates jobs for women in societies where good jobs are rare, paying them a fair wage.

And while I was photographing the scarves, I took some other group shots too and included the lovely lilacs I filled my apartment with on the weekend. I mixed them with roses and some greenery in a recently acquired Dundee Marmalade jar (yes, I'm up to three now); this one from Cottage Farm. The vintage pen nibs are from Sadie Olive.

Related Posts with Thumbnails