I'm excited for a weekend that lifts my spirits, which have been low at times this week.

Tomorrow, I’m off to Aberfoyle antique market. It's my first time going there and I'm trying to keep an open mind about what I'll find, while also making a list of things I should be looking for. Hopefully, I'll strike a balance between pre-planned purchases and opportunism! Any tips if you've been?

I also would like to get some fiction writing done this weekend as I’ve been so busy with the shop that I’ve fallen out of some of my writing routines and I have some new ideas percolating that I’d like to get down. I’m all caught up on my freelance work, so this should be doable too.

Mentally, I feel like I’m at a crossroads right now, but the reality of my life is not aligned with where my mind is and that’s causing my some frustration, a nagging impatience. I think that’s also why my mind is flitting around from past to present to future all week. Somehow, I need to find a way to settle myself and find reassurance that I’m on some kind of course and it will all come to me (but that seems difficult for me to really believe).

Around the blogosphere this week: This post on Miss Moss added a whole new dimension to what might be one of the most visually stunning movies I’ve seen. I liked so much about this house tour on Uncle Beefy (most especially the leather wingbacks) – I’ve been fantasizing a lot about a worn leather armchair lately. And the macarons I made last weekend were tasty, but nowhere near as pretty as these ones from Desserts for Breakfast. I need more practice, I think!

And also more lovely support for Coterie this week around the blogosphere. A huge thank you to Kate of For Me, For You (incidentally, if you’re in London you should check her show with Anabela and Vic), Bess of the English Muffin Blog, Kelly of Design Crush and Sam of Inklore Design. Thank you to all the people who made orders and, if you haven’t already and are inclined to, I would love it if you liked Coterie on Facebook!

What are you up to this weekend? Have a good 'un!

Flickr image credits: 1. so beautiful, 2. Los habitantes del muro..., 3. Untitled, 4. Living Behind The Sun
Related Posts with Thumbnails