Sunday best: Gentle transitions

This is a time of transition for me. Seasonal, of course. But I'm changing many little things to coincide with the arrival of Spring, like my diet and exercise, and working on projects that have the potential to change other things too. And I'm contemplating even bigger changes, wondering about hatching a larger 3-year plan. Exciting to think about moving closer to bigger dreams.


While I grapple with these ideas, projects and plans, I'm trying to stay in the moment too. We had a rainy day in Toronto yesterday and I got soaked walking around in it, running my errands and keeping appointments. But that was just grand because it wasn't snow. Today, the snow is back and I probably won't wander as far.

I want to go through some cookbooks and mark some recipes to try next week. I tend to cook old familiars during the week because I'm usually rushing to get back to work. But hopefully a little planning can change that. So, I might take them to the coffee shop (where, yes, I'll drink herbal tea) and thumb my way through them.

I had overzealous plans to squeeze too much into this weekend and it looks like it's not going to happen. I would usually sacrifice working out, or having a little down-time, to get more work done, but I'm going to choose the opposite. Taxes, work, errands can wait and I'm not going to let myself feel stressed or guilty about it. All my deadlines are self-imposed ones, so there's no need to over-police.

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!

Products: Finespun scoopneck tee from J.Crew / Ian R.N. Sweatshirt Dress from La Garconne / Elsa scarf from Toast / Seasons by Donna Hay cookbook / AESA Silver Stud Earrings from No.6 Store / Star watch from Mont Blanc / Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet from Net-a-Porter / Mid City Tote from Foley+Corinna / Signature black leggings from J.Crew / Jodhpur boot from Swedish Hasbeens
Related Posts with Thumbnails