Brighton House

I'm beginning to understand that my next few decor purchases are important ones. Not merely because I take all purchases seriously. But because my taste has shifted since I last thought about furniture buying. I think it's more grown up now, but also more overtly feminine. And I think purchases like a bed or custom drapes will embody that shift.


There's a calm to this house from Living Etc. that I simply adore. It reminds me of a cleaner version of Rita Konig's style, which is also a constant source of inspiration. The things I'm weeding out include Kilim rugs, my bullet planter, jewelry displays, anything kitsch.

Things I'm considering adding: Tufted chairs, a French caned bed, patterned drapes and new lamps. Thankfully, I don't think I need to do major editing on big pieces I already own. I've always leaned to classic on big purchases. Which I think is a good sign it's where I should be.
Related Posts with Thumbnails