Perfect palette

I've been cleaning up my archive in anticipation of the relaunch. I know this is on of those excessive things I tend to do and it's stupidly labour intensive. The upside is that it's given me a reinforced sense of my own style. And I'm able to see it manifest when I look around my apartment. It doesn't seem as haphazard. The palette, the mix of modern and rustic, the bookishness... it's all consistent. The Ochre / Canvas style is the ultimate expression of all those elements I love.


I could probably do a better job making my wardrobe reflect this (hence the resolution to dress more like my own Sunday best posts). When it comes to fashion, I feel like I have hypothetical good taste, but when it comes to dressing my own body, I often break down. Sigh - bodies come with a lot of issues! But when I saw the new Steven Alan collection, it so reminded me of my beloved Ochre and Canvas style that I thought, this is what I would love to - and should - dress like.

12 comments:

  1. lovely, jane. since seeing this new collection yesterday i've been trying to think about how it would translate to more wintry clothes. feeling so restricted and uncomfortable lately. want to feel airy and light. and still manage to stay warm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Erin! I tend to wear greys and navy a lot more in winter. But I do like chunky knits in light colours, as well. At a certain point, each winter, pragmatism wins and I just focus on staying warm. O, Canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I basically feel like pierogi filled troll lately and can't think about fashion. But love these colors for my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving those slouchy blue pants! Like sweat pants, but infinitely more stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, when will you reveal your redesign? I've loved this look and am excited to see what you have up your sleeve for the next look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen

    I hope (but don't hold me to it) this weekend! I'm so nervous!

    Jane
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the connections you made between those beautiful Steven Alan outfits and the pretty rooms. I feel like I'm the opposite - I've managed to have my wardrobe reflect my style much better than my home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the post. I have been wearing LLBean duck boots, for weeks (it is snowing *again* this morning!) I can not wait for spring or at least for the snow to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they really do go so well together...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The redesign will be splendid, Jane. Your sense of style is one of the many things that keeps us coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful colors, just shades of my

    ReplyDelete
  12. These colors are eye drawing in a subdue way...love them.
    I will have to check out the link above!
    Cheers~Ivy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.