Sunday best: Let it snow...

We're expecting a snow storm today and I'm feeling more ready for it than normal. After shivering my way through the last two winters in coats I chose for style rather than warmth, I gave in last week and bought one of those down coats (this one, in black, to be precise). I've got to say, it wasn't a purchase I was excited about. But yesterday when I wore the coat, I felt an intense love for its toasty warmth.


So, the goal of today's Sunday best is to help me reconcile my new found pragmatism. Truth is, I love this outfit and I know it would stand up to the worst Toronto's winter will throw at us. I've had Timberland boots in the past (the salt actually doesn't stain the material, though it looks like suede) and they have good grip, which is good for a girl who's more terrified of freezing rain than most other things.

I'm planning to head to the coffee shop and write my Christmas cards today. I got some good work done yesterday, as well as running most my errands, so I feel that lovely lightness of a day unburdened with to-dos. I've also uploaded some pictures to my Flickr of my little holiday decorations. I still want to make a few more wreaths and a garland. I'm kind of loving this bit-by-bit approach as it makes the festive feeling mount as my place takes on more of the look and feel of Christmas.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday!

Products: Lightweight Knit Cap by A.P.C. from La Garconne / Woodland Babycord Tunic from Saltwater / Ultrawarm Coat from L.L. Bean / Cotton Linen Tee from Toast / Fair Isle Gloves from Toast / Soft-T- waxed canvas and Italian leather messenger from Beth Springer / Women's Earthkeepers™ Granby Tall Boot from Timberland / Cashmere Fair Isle Long Socks from Brora
Related Posts with Thumbnails