Sunday best: Ideal Christmas

It's the very last Sunday before Christmas, so here's what I'm dreaming of for my ideal Christmas! I fell instantly in love with this dress when I came across it. I love the oversized scallops of the neckline, the vague flapper-girl silhouette (I've been watching Boardwalk Empire and am stuck on the style!) and its looseness is perfect for Christmas expansion (a sad but true reality). The embroidered flats are a nod to brocade slippers which make me think of all things seasonal and Dickensian.

I do a lot of cooking and baking for Christmas Day, but I have to admit I do buy these Cole's puddings ready-made. They're amazingly good and the perfect portion. I'm not normally a big fan of fruit cake, bit a little pudding every December hits the spot.

Yesterday, I made a garland for the top of my bookshelf and that greenery alone filled my whole apartment with evergreen smells and I wrapped the garland in fairy lights so I have the requisite amount of twinkliness too!

I'm feeling pretty relaxed now and getting very excited about seeing some friends back in town next week, as well as having a four-day work week. I treated myself to a new camera lens from Santa and I think now that this Penguin book must find its way into my stocking too. Six more sleeps!!

Products: Garland via / Guinness Christmas Pudding from Cole's / Mistletoe via / Miu Miu Pleated silk crepe de Chine dress from Net-a-Porter / Oak leaf earrings from Linda Penwarden / Lipstick from Laura Mercier / Satin clutch from Anya Hindmarch / Ring from Satomi Kawakita / The Penguin Book of Irish Poetry / Issey Miyake Noir Absolu / Oscar de la Renta Embroidered suede ballerina flats from Net-a-Porter / Holly via / Opaque tights from Anthropologie
Related Posts with Thumbnails